Catherine Farres is the lawyer and a Senior Associate at Graham Legal having joined our firm on 27 January 2020.
Catherine has extensive experience having worked in a number of capacities in legal practice since 2001. Catherine has experience of large city firms and small to medium sized suburban firms. Catherine’s experience has included:
- negotiating and litigating in children’s and property matters in family law
- intervention orders and personal safety issues
- applications for recovery orders and enforcement proceedings in family law
- as estate planning, wills and powers of attorney, and
- probate and administration of deceased estates.
For many years Catherine held positions on the Board of Directors of two Non-Profit Organisations (that assist people with disabilities). Catherine is fluent in the Italian language and has the ability to communicate and connect with people from many different cultural and religious backgrounds.
Catherine is innovative, practical and supportive in assisting her clients to find solutions to their problems. Catherine exhibits genuine empathy to navigate through the many challenging issues that arise in the lives of her clients to better assist them to move through their difficult times.
Catherine is approachable, calm and understanding of her client’s needs and individual circumstances, however diverse those circumstances may be. Catherine effectively and efficiently works on her clients’ matters to achieve a timely, professional and practical outcome with the least possible cost to the client.
With a passion for communication and helping people, Catherine is excited about her move to Graham Legal where her experience and professional approach is paramount to the development of strong relationships and cost effective outcomes for her clients. Yet, where necessary, Catherine is more than capably equipped to represent her clients’ interests assertively and with vigour. Clients who find themselves in litigation can be assured that Catherine will represent their interests as the circumstances require.
In addition to her work at Graham Legal, Catherine is a regular volunteer at a Community Legal Centre. Catherine enjoys keeping active at the gym, attending the theatre and spending time with family and friends.
Catherine has qualifications and affiliations including:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Political Science)
- Associate Diploma in Business
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia, and
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria.